drank Mi Lan Dancong Black by Verdant Tea

Figured I might as well use today as another opportunity to run through a few steepings of this sample that I recenved from Verdant when I placed my order. Rinsed the leaves, as per the instructions on the website and did a short steep for 30 secs. Theres a subtle scent of cocoa and the tea really is a beautiful gold colour. First sips…hmm wow it’s like cocoa-ey goodness and then there’s this jasmine note that almost comes barging through to say hello! and then that eases back into the very mellow smoothy creamy taste. This is a much more interesting tea to me than my morning run. We’ll see how the next few steeps go.

Second Steep: the colour of this steep is much deeper. there’s still a jasmine note in this. I’m also getting honesy notes, which is interesting.

Toronto, ON