drank Chocolate Phoenix Chai by Verdant Tea

I will need to revisit the rating on this one when i get a chance to work my way through the various steepings. This morning i was in a rush so a few steepings got made and dumped into my tracvel mug heh. I must say that the smell from the steeped leaves was the LEAST pleasant smell i’ve had from verdant ever. The opened bag has a loevely scent but I don’t care for the steeped leaves. Luckily the tea itself is nothing like the smell :) This is a very light chai, i actually prefer Verdant’s other chai. That being said, I need to give this one another run through before i land on a solid conclusion.

Bonnie

I steeped this in milk and added honey which was the favorite way with this one with me. It brought out the best of the vanilla, cocoa, and saffron warmth. I always try different methods with tea and when I thought of this as Chai instead of regular tea and played around with it a bit…the lovely flavor emerged.

Oh Bonnie it sounds really amazing this way

Thanks for the recommendation Bonnie. I may try this tonight if i get a spare moment.

Bonnie

Ysaurella, if I could afford to visit my Nephew David in Paris where you are, and drink this tea when Winter comes and the city is full of lights…now that would be amazing!

Ysaurella

agree Bonnie …if you come in Paris especially in winter in addition of this wonderful tea, try a cup of Esprit de Noël in a Mariage Frères salon de thé : the magic of Christmas would be there

Comments

Bonnie

Oh Bonnie it sounds really amazing this way