drank Midnight Magic by Shanti Tea

AMODA TEA Sampler

So this is one of the 3 teas in the October 2012 Tasting Box from Amoda Tea. I opted to try this one first because I generally dislike floral tea and I’d already had an oolong tonight. Opening this tea bag I was intrigued because it wasn’t overly floral. The citrus cut through the floral notes to leave behind a really nice scent. I was a little more hopeful that I’d like the steeped tea.

Upon steeping the tea, the colour is a really nice mellow gold colour. The scent however, has lost the citrusey notes and smells like a green floral tea :( The taste?

Well given that I dislike floral teas more than i dislike oolongs, I’d say this is a pretty decent tea. lol I likely won’t drink much more of it because of the floral taste, but the citrus in the tea gives it a unique taste, that I’ve never experienced before. There isn’t a heavy aftertaste of flowers either, so that helps. Overall, not a bad little tea.

Toronto, ON