drank Grapefruit Dragon by Butiki Teas

Stacy was kind enough to send me a sample of the other grapefruit blend she was toying with. I’ve been holding on to the last of that sample so that I could do a comparision between that one and this dragonwell (i think this might be my first dragonwell). I know it was a tough call for stacy and after doing this, I can see why! I’ll say that for this tea, Stacy probably made the right call but i love them BOTH! The two are different enough that I’d actually have no problem with both in my cupboard. I made a few notes, though nothing too complicated since I’m still a little exausted from travelling.

Dragonwell
• Yellow colour
• Grapefruit smell is more subtle; green vegetal notes come through more; sweeter scent
• First sip… hints of grapefruit, they happen on the tail end of the sip
• Fruitier, almost juicier tasting tea

Guranese base
• Golden dark rich honey colour
• Smell is more intense
• Grapefruit rolls around in my mouth – “hello! Grapefruit!”
• The darker base adds a richness to the grapefruit

Regardless of the base, I am incredibly happy with Stacy’s take on grapefruit! I’m looking forward to trying this cold brewed and with just a touch of sugar added to the tea. I think this will be a fabulous cold tea as well as hot.

Helena

that reminds me I have a Dragonwell grapefruit sample to try :D oh well that will be tomorrow :D

Donna A

I preferred the Dragowell grapefruit cold

I’ll be trying that later Donna! :)

Comments

Helena

Donna A

I preferred the Dragowell grapefruit cold

I’ll be trying that later Donna! :)

Toronto, ON