drank Laoshan Genmaicha by Verdant Tea

I’m pretty sure this is the first genmaicha that I’ve tried. I’m also fairly certain that’s what prompted me to order this in sample size sonce verdant started doing that. I’m not a huge fan of lighter teas, so i’m always hesitant on making larger purchases of those types of tea.

On to the tea! The scent on opening the tea is lovely. Once brewed, it smells like popcorn to me. Fresh wonderful popcorn that isn’t found in movie theatres…the kind my parents used to make in a pot on the oven. Though there’s a hint of “sweet” in the scent as well as it lingers.

The tea is a lovely light yellow colour.

The taste… this is a lovely tea which i’m sure i’m going to get distracted with as I work. Theres a sweet taste…the taste of corn, underlying hints of a vegetal taste but super light. Hmmmm i think i’m going to go focus on this tea…though i have to say the aroma is mkaing me hungry. While i’m not a fan of a lot of lighter teas….I’d order this one again. This is really quite delightful!

Toronto, ON