I’m glad verdants samples generally have enough for two sittings as i’m fairly confident that I’m not going to be doing this justice at work today. I just wanted something today that wasn’t a flavoured tea but that had flavour..if that makes sense. I prefer the Mi Lan Black and Laoshan black from verdant but this is still a really enjoyable tea.

I can’t wrap my brain around the flavours that i’m tasting. it’s not really a malty tea..it’s sweet and yet not but yet is. I’m hoping in later steepings i’ll be able to discern more of the honey but right now i’m digging the woody, breadlike taste going on. I don’t catch the pepper that others do though.

Toronto, ON