drank Strawberry Zabaglione by 52teas

Ok azzrian! I think I have this one figured out. Bumping the rating up on this one now that I’ve gotten the hang of it. NOW I can taste the creaminess with the strawberry. Sooo note to self, revisit all my 52 teas and brew them for less time :) guess I should have tried that earlier but I guess i just wasn’t thinking. This, this is pretty darn good now :)

Helena

sometimes all it takes is an adjustment to time or temp :D Glad you like it more now :D

Indigobloom

good to know! I’ve had trouble with this one as well. Tastes… burnt?

Yeah, drop the steeping time down to about2 mins and the temp as well just a bit. Now it’s creamier and no burnt. I still illite strawberry pie and blueberry zabaglione better but this is much more drinkable now lol :)

Indigobloom

oh good. I’ve been hesitant to try it again. Now I will!

i did the same thing with my caramel cheesecake and the pumpkin cheesecake and it’s back to being as yummy as it was when i first got them. I think frank’s black base just needs less time in the water. :)

Indigobloom

That makes sense. Graveyard mist is a green but still needs less time now that it’s gelled

Kittenna

Are you going with 2 minutes for most of his blacks now? I had been going with 3 recently, which had been ok, but then I had a run of bad bitterness/astringency which made me annoyed. I don’t want to lose flavour by brewing too short a time, but I definitely don’t want a bitter or astringent tea!

Kit – pretty much yeah. 2-2.5 max seems to be the sweet spot, making everything back to being the wonderful that i remember when i first got it.

Comments

Helena

Indigobloom

good to know! I’ve had trouble with this one as well. Tastes… burnt?

Indigobloom

oh good. I’ve been hesitant to try it again. Now I will!

Kittenna