drank Bailin Gongfu Black Tea by Teavivre

So a while back I placed an order with teavivre and I have to say their customer service was pretty awesome, or at least unexpected. They actually emailed me because they were tracking my package and let me know the post office had said they’d tried to deliver. Now, unbeknowest to them, the post office here is riduculous and hadn’t but at least i was able to get right on the post office about where my order was.

Anyway, i digress. Since I need to get my cupboard under control, I’ve got to start drinking some of the tea samples from teavivre! I figure I can drink at least one a day which will get me through the first half of the samples i picked up (love that the samples come in 2 little packs instead of one big one!).

This was the random tea i grabbed this morning from the bunch..it’s like a grab back of delicious excitement waiting to happen! I have to say, this one is pretty darn tasty. I’ll be doing re-steeps tonight when i get home but this first brew is one I can see keeping around for one of my morning blacks. I’d put this one up there with my taiwanese assam from butiki and laoshan black from verdant. I’m sure there will be others but those are my favs at the moment.

This is a nice smooth black, that has a malty taste to it without being as intense as say, laoshan black. There’s a hint of caramel at teh end of the sip but it’s not overly pronounced. mmmm this is a really nice start to the morning.

Donna A

Good review. I like Bailin GongFu Black (non-organic better than organic IMO), and I agree with you, their customer service is great. Yun Nan Dian Hong Golden Tip is another very nice one from Teavivre.

I’ll have to check that one out Donna, thanks. Though, that being said it’s possible that one’s in my bag of goodies lol If not i’ll add it to the list of future things to try! :)

Comments

Donna A

Toronto, ON