Well anyone who follows me know by now that oolongs and I don’t generally get along. That being said, it’s been a while since i’ve had a straight oolong and this was my random teavivre tea for today! My first infusion was about 2 mins long and my first sip was not a happy place. I let it sit for a while and not that it’s cooled off it’s much nicer. It’s not as vegetal as i thought it would be, which is a plus in my books :)

It’s still an oolong, so it will never be my favourite but this is probably the closest i’ve come to enjoying a non roasted oolong. That distinctive oolong taste is still present, but it’s muted – possibly by the honey. There’s a sweetness present that is tasty.

After several steeps of this, i can at least admit that this was a much more pleasant oolong experience than some of my past tastings. Has it changed the way i feel about green oolongs? not really :) BUT i wouldn’t turn this away if someone offered me a cup. So overall i’d call this a success.

Toronto, ON