drank Earl of Anxi by Verdant Tea

I picked up this one as a sample a few orders back and figured I should take the time to run through a few steepings of this one since i’m at home today and exausted. I didn’t think i’d enjoy this one too much but i’m open to trying as many teas as possible. First off, the scent of this one dry is wonderful! I really enjoyed that first scent that creeps out when you open the bag.

After running through a few steeps of this tea, i can safely say that i don’t hate this tea, but I don’t love it either. David has done a wonderful thing with this tea, blending the flavours together so that they ebb and flow through the tastings, changing ever so slightly as you get through a sip and then an entire steeping. What i don’t like about this tea is the dryness my mouth feels after drinking it.

Not for me, though I’m happy to have tried it and enjoyed my tasting with it.

Toronto, ON