drank Yu Lu Yan Cha Black by Verdant Tea

I absolutely will not do this justice wiht this tasting note as I’m at work and brewed this western style. I fully intend to do more steepings tonight when i get home, as well as try this gonfu style once my gaiwan arrives..but for now, this is what i have!

This isn’t a malty tea for me. There’s a definite chocolate feel, but different from laoshan black or some of the other black teas i enjoy. As i sip this, there’s a note at the end of my sips that’s almost fruity, but i suspect is just the honey note coming through. (I’m still not sure my tastebuds are 100%) It’s not as rich and bold as other blacks, but it’s wonderfully smooth and delightful as i sip through this. It makes me wish i’d packed my leaves to bring to work for resteeps.

Edit: Some tasty re-steeps tonight that have really been enjoyable.

Toronto, ON