Verdict is out, I much prefer the non upgraded version of Stacy’s premium Taiwanese Assam. That’s not to say that the upgraded version doesn’t taste yummy, but the notes that come alive when the tea is brewed are to my preference in the non upgraded version. This version is a bolder, stronger cup of tea that is less fruity and chocolate that the first version. It is malty and i do get the cocoa notes, but the sweetness in the non upgraded version isn’t in the upgraded version. Still a fine cup of tea that I’m glad i tried, but final verdict is that i prefer the other version :)

Toronto, ON