Well I figured that i should try and give at least ONE of my reserve club teas a try. I figure if i can hit one a week, then each month i’ll actually get around to trying all 4 that i receive. Though they’ll be some overlap since canada delivery means i don’t get my order until halfway through the month. That being said, i still have january and february to get through lol

So i’m 98% certain i’ve never had a sheng before. I’m also fairly certain that my gaiwan skills can use a little honing. However, practice makes perfect! This tea not only smells like “up north” but the first tasting of this reminds me of liking a cedar chest. Not that i’ve done that before, but it tastes like i imagine doing that would. It’s a delicious mellow flavour that is a pleasure to drink.

Edit: really enjoying the steeps of this one as they progress. A wonderful afternoon tea for some reflection.

Toronto, ON