drank Cola Matcha by Red Leaf Tea

I have to say, I’ve probably had too much tea today but that didn’t stop me from wanting to finally break down and try the Cola flavoured matcha that I purchased a little while back.
Now, since I switched over to drinking tea last year, I only occasionally drink pop now and it’s typically a treat. Part of the reason I wanted to try this matcha was because i really like the taste of cola but i don’t want all the sugar in my diet anymore, and don’t even get me started on "diet’ or zero calorie versions. So i thought that i’d try out this matcha and see how it compared.
I ordered the Distinctive flavour of matcha, with the standard green base. When i opened the bag it was exactly like those Coke bottle gummies – which coincidently are also some of my favourites :) Now for those of you that know me, you know that i never really drink my matcha straight. 99.999% of the time it’s with milk in a smoothie or latte form. Today though? I opted for the water bottle method that many people on steepster use. I added a sifted teaspoon to one of my bottles with water and some ice and shook! When i took my first sip it was pure delicious coke bottle goodness! I wouldn’t call this coca-cola, rather it’s more that generic “cola” taste, which is exactly what i’d prefer. I added just a touch of sweetener to the bottle and it was perfect! I will for sure be drinking this more in the spring and summer on my bike rides for that extra bit of yum!

You can order it here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/coca-cola-matcha.html

Iced
Fjellrev

Ohh, cola bottles. Those are yummy, and I can totally see how this would work with just water. Thanks for reviewing this. I may get this someday. :)

Indigobloom

Oh man, hope you don’t mind if I grab a cuppa when we’re over!!

IB sure thing. It will take me a while to get through it so by all means

Incendiare – it’s surprisingly better than i thought it would be, though because i prefer using matcha in smoothies, it’s got a somewhat limited life cycle in my cupboard (aka summer).

Lala

I ordered some of this and can’t wait for it to come in. I couldn’t resist the deal on french butter cookie, so I thought I would get a bunch of other flavours too.

ashmanra

Interesting! I do like Coke and Pepsi okay, but like you I try to seriously limit my intake of them. I also try to buy the Coke in glass bottles from Mexico, since they do not have HFCS, but cane sugar. And I agree….don’t even get me started on the diet stuff! JacquelineM, I think, sent me a recipe for homemade Coke syrup a while back and I finally just got around to buying some star anise so maybe I can make it!

gmathis

Drinking pop is a shock to the system when you haven’t touched one for months … soft drink came with our cheapie lunch deal today; my system doesn’t know how to handle Dr. Pepper any more!

Comments

Fjellrev

Indigobloom

Oh man, hope you don’t mind if I grab a cuppa when we’re over!!

IB sure thing. It will take me a while to get through it so by all means