drank Russian Maple Souchong by Tealux

I figured i’d try some of the new teas that I recently picked up to figure out if i needed to find good homes for them or if i wanted to keep them around to love and squeeze and call them george.

I’m going to have to agree with Kittenna on this one in that there is really no maple flavouring from this. It’s a toned down smokey tea with a small bit of slightly sweet but yet not kind of thing happening. It’s not a BAD tea, but i was hoping for more of a maple taste from it. I think this one will be a good one for cooking and even for the occasional cup, though i might toss some maple syrup in there just to see how that tastes…

i love the way ian describes tea that i drink. it’s either: gross. or i get “it tastes like tea.” no matter what it is that he’s drinking. this one? it tastes like tea. that was left by a campfire. yeah. campfire tea.

Terri HarpLady

Tony has very little to say about most of the teas I drink. If it isn’t an earl grey (& he doesn’t seem to like the earls I like) or a plum oolong, it’s a “no”.

graceatblb

I may have to get some of this because it sounds yummy. I love smokey teas and the slight sweetness sounds pleasant.Maybe mixing it with Oh Canada tea will give more of the maple flavor.

Comments