I had this earlier today as well. Inspired by receiving my other butiki teas. Sadly i drank this so long ago today that it’s hard to really remember the details of drinking this. I do remember the banana being less intense than i thought it might but pairing nicely with the base. I may have underleafed this as well so i’m chalking it up to that for now. I didn’t get much in the way of a walnut taste but that might just be my memory. Overall though, i remember being quite happy with this one. more to come when i have it closer to writing a tasting note :)

Terri HarpLady

I’ll be adding more of this to my next butiki order for sure. It’s tasty, & if you add an extra minute to the steep it brings out the banana more.

aaah good to know. I’m pretty sure i just accidentally underleafed this. was in my travel mug this morning.

TheTeaFairy

Yay, glad you liked this one :-) Terri is right about steeping it a little longer. But it’s not an in your face banana taste no matter what, that’s how it was intended in order to fully have a balance between the base and the flavour, since that Keemun is so good :-)

i don’t want in your face banana so i’m good with that! i like being able to taste the tea base under it all :)

Comments

Terri HarpLady

TheTeaFairy