So I’m indulging a bit…I took his out of the cupboard to try this morning. It’s one of 8 teas that Terri and I shared on my half of the world. This one was picked because it smelled the least like Stacy’s mountain black that is out of stock until August.

Colour me impressed with this one! It’s a little lighter feeling than I expected, but I think that’s because I was a bit light in both my tea and my steeping time. I’m playing these ones by ear so that’s to be expected. This is not your usual malty Assam. Instead there are chocolate notes and jam?? Something fruity like in any case. I can’t quite put my finger on it but it is delicious! I’m now looking forward to trying the rest of these from Taiwan tea crafts even more!

ashmanra

This is supposed to be the same as Ruby #18 I believe. It is a wonderful tea, but you are right, it is unexpectedly light yet very flavorful! I have had them from three companies and they are a bit different but share the paler color and the golden raisin notes.

aaah from nuvola teas you mean. i was confused. Good to know as well. i’ve got a few from taiwan tea crafts to go through so i’m excited. If this is any indication of what they have to offer, i may be placing more later. I’m a fan of the free shipping over 25$ for sample sizes as well…which are nearly an ounce!

ashmanra

My first came from A Southern Season and I still have some of that. My second was the very very best, but Shui Tea went out of business and I can’t get anymore. Boo hoo! Nuvola was my third.

Terri HarpLady

I’m looking forward to trying these! :)

Comments

ashmanra

Terri HarpLady

I’m looking forward to trying these! :)

Toronto, ON