SIPDOWN!(230) Another tea courtesy of nicole and the first from mahamosa that i’ve been able to try. I really like this one! It’s got a total exotic fruit taste to it, rather than that generic “berry” flavour. I think this would likely be a really nice cold brew as well. I’ve never had jackfruit before, or if i have, i can’t recall the taste – so i can’t comment on how close it comes to the real thing but this is tasty! Thanks to much for sending this my way nicole!

Tealizzy

My mother-in-law had me try jackfruit cooked in coconut milk, which was delicious, but I probably didn’t really get a good sense of the jackfruit flavor. I’ll have to keep this tea in mind!

I like tasty fruity teas in the summer :)

Terri HarpLady

There’s a Thai restaurant here that serves an amazing dessert called Halo Halo. It is an interesting & fun mix of tender pieces of soft coconut, jackfruit, jello squares made from coconut milk, palm nuts, some other things I can’t identify, & a few pieces of ice, all floating in a bowl of lightly sweetened coconut milk. I’ve looked this dessert up on the internet. It’s actually a filipino dessert, & the pics I see don’t really resemble what I’ve had at the Thai version. Jackfruit kind of reminds me of mango, only it’s not as juicy & the flavor isn’t quite the same.

Tealizzy

Yep! It is Filipino. I’ve had it too. Very fun dessert!

Nicole

The dessert sounds fun! Glad you liked this one. :)

Comments

Tealizzy

I like tasty fruity teas in the summer :)

Terri HarpLady

Tealizzy

Yep! It is Filipino. I’ve had it too. Very fun dessert!

Nicole

The dessert sounds fun! Glad you liked this one. :)

Toronto, ON