drank Pecan Pie by Culinary Teas

sample from kittenna I’m pretty sure i dislike the base of culinary teas or something. This was another one that i couldn’t handle. the taste that was left in my mouth after i spit it out was decent, but the first impression left much to be desired. I’m steeping these fairly lightly too, so not too sure what’s going on. I appreciate the taste though Kittenna!

ifjuly

Yeah, I totally agree. When I first joined Steepster I placed a huge order of flavored teas with CT all excited and was mostly disappointed. I think IIRC Ceylon tends to be the base for most of her flavored blends, and it was precisely the thing I wasn’t digging about any of them. It’s like the flavor applied over the tea base doesn’t “stick” well with the tea.

I did find much later that all of the flavored teas I tried from CT were salvageable cold steeped, esp. Peaches and Cream.

Comments

ifjuly

Toronto, ON