drank Orange Pekoe by Gorreana

Thank you cteresa for sending this one my way. Let me begin by saying, I don’t like most orange pekoe. It never really tastes all that great and i would usually prefer to be drinking water. This tea? REALLY nice! it’s the sort of tea i wish i could buy a giant bag of and give to my parents as i think this would really suit their everyday tea needs. This is a good medium type tea – no bitterness, incredibly smooth, with a hint of sweetness throughout the sip. Thanks so much for sharing Cteresa I quite like this one!

cteresa

Glad you enjoyed it. This is a very old company and plantations, the types of tea are named old fashioned “orange pekoe” and Hudson for example, very vintage packaging but I think it does not need to be at all modern , as long as it is this nice.

I’m really curious about some of their other teas. Tried to access their website today but it looks like the domain has expired :(

hmmm don’t think i’ve ever bought anything off ebay in my life but there’s a first time for everything! thanks for that..i’ll have to look at the selection later :) appreciate it

cteresa

If you are in an area where there are Portuguese groceries ( bacalhau and pasteis de nata are necessities) particularly Portuguese people from the Azores, they might have this.

Or we can swap again!

yyz

A large part of the TO expat population is from there, so that is definitely possible.

yyz

Regarding the tea in TO, one of my friends is going to do some digging. Some Gorreana is available, she just said she didn’t know about that one specifically. I have a feeling it might be easier to find the Pekoe ( blue bag ) one. But, she has deep routes in the Azores expat community.

thanks! that’s awesome yyz

cteresa

See, portuguese can be predictable. And if it does not work, i can get you a package in Lisbon and mail it, we can swap for something later.

Comments

cteresa

Or we can swap again!