I’ve had this a couple times now and keep forgetting to write a note. Sadly i just looked at the time and realised i don’t have tie right this second, but i WILL come back to this tonight/tomorrow morning. Especially since this is a sipdown lol

My matcha was composed of the following:
Size : Small
Matcha Quality: Starter (Basic Grade)
Flavor: Distinctive

Now that I have two moments to breath, i really wanted to come back and review the Madagascar vanilla matcha that i finished up last weekend. I’m very partial to the French vanilla flavour from Red Leaf so i wanted to try and see how the two compare. I’ve had this a number of times now, straight, in a smoothie and as a latte. I have to say, my favourite was as a latte but even then, I found myself wishing it were more like French Vanilla. Now to be fair, i have NO clue how their supposed to be different, but i found the Madagascar Vanilla to be less smooth, with a bit of an edge to it, while the french vanilla is on the creamier side. It might be that i need to try this as a Robust flavouring level, but for now I’m leaning towards just sticking with the French vanilla.
What i have to say though, is that honestly, Red Leaf does a pretty bang up job with their more creamy flavours – the ones i would associate with Coffee or with milk. Vanilla, Caramel, Cheesecake, Chocolate…they’re all decent and the customer service is pretty bang on!
Buy it here: http://www.redleaftea.com/matcha-tea/madagascar-vanilla-matcha.html

MsWhatsit

I’ve run out of this and can’t find a local store that stocks it. I don’t miss it in the summer but definitely like having it handy for the autumn and winter months.

Comments

MsWhatsit

Toronto, ON