drank American Breakfast by Mariage Frères

for breakfast today, i’m have 3 breakfasts… scrambled eggs with lots of tasty things mixed in, american breakfast and french breakfast lol I wanted to see how the MF breakfast teas stacked up, since cteresa was kind enough to part with a sample of her American Breakfast. It’s been compared to wedding imperial, which is one of my favourite MF teas – so i’ve been excited to taste this one.

This is a great blend. It’s slightly malty, but sweet and chocolatey (not cocoa). It’s not too bitter, but i think at longer steep times that may happen. It does remind me of wedding imperial but there would be room for both of this in my cupboard because i like the way this tastes without the caramel that wedding imperial has. This is a seriously lovely tea! I will for sure be looking to get more when i get back to europe…some day. thank you cteresa!

Ysaurella

it is a very lovely tea, I do agree

cteresa

so far I have found this easier, less finicky than wedding breakfast – I have not purposefully overbrewed it yet, but forgot about it a couple times and at least with my water, i got lucky. Wedding Imperial is a bit more complicated for me, but I admit I might have to find a way to have both on my stash as well!

Terri HarpLady

I did enjoy wedding imperial, & both of these breakfast teas also sound like my kind of cup. :)

Comments

Ysaurella

it is a very lovely tea, I do agree