In terms of the keemuns from teavivre, this is second from the bottom, just above the grade 2 that they sell. I prefer this one to grade 2, though not because it is more keemun-like to me, but because there is more malt and a sort of cocao note that’s in here as well. I also prefer the aroma of this one brewed, since the grade 2 didn’t smell like much of anything to me haha There’s a note in here that bites towards the end, which will likely be the reason i prefer the organic version but we’ll see…

Edit: after a few variations of trying this one and that one against one another, i think i’ve come to the conclusion that i actually like Grade 2 and the Organic version the best…

looseTman

As a reader it’s confusing to read: “I prefer this one to grade 2 …”
Yet you rated this Keemun a 74 and gave Keemun #2 an 80.

Then later read an edit: “i’ve come to the conclusion that i actually like Grade 2 and the Organic version the best…”

And that’s why there’s an edit. I don’t feel the need to redo my tasting notes after I experiment and figure things out.

…my initial thoughts were that I liked this one more…then I drank another 4-5 cups trying to nail down things and changed my mind. I’ve articulated that in my tasting note and in my ranking….

SFTGFOP

I’ve been having a hard time with the ratings. I’ll go back, and certain teas I remember more fondly than I had ranked them.

looseTman

Sil, I understand. As a very interested reader in your TeaVivre Keemun comparison, it was at first confusing to follow.

tman – got it :)
SFTGFOP – yeah.. every now and then i try to go back and fitz with my ratings…it’s more of a sliding scale for my own sake anyway. 70’s i’ll drink them if they’re around but likely won’t re-order 80’s are “average” cups for me…in that a lot of those will rotate through my cupboard… high 80’s and into the 90’s will likely land as a permanent home. anything under a 60 is pretty much not worth my time.

SFTGFOP

I may copy that. Unfortunately then it would mean I will have to slide a lot of teas down to below 70!

Comments

looseTman

As a reader it’s confusing to read: “I prefer this one to grade 2 …”
Yet you rated this Keemun a 74 and gave Keemun #2 an 80.

tman – got it :)