drank Hong Yun Black by Butiki Teas

hmmm first tasting note and i am SO not in the right frame of mind to be doing this. I wanted to try this one because stacy’s notes mention that “This rare varietal is a cross between wild Assamica and Keemun.” I tend to really enjoy both keemuns and assams so what the heck!

taking this out of the bag it was like WOAH! FRUIT! a sharp contrast to the 1989 Suncha i had just opened as well lol brewing this up, my first sips where very reminiscent of a taiwanese assam but not. There are fruity honey, sweet apricot sort of notes here, but then there’s a secondary taste which keeps this from being too sweet and too much like some of the teas from TTC that i like occasionally. teh after taste in my mouth from this one reminds me a bit of raisins and barley…not really a “malty” tea but there’s a memory there of malt.

over all, i’ll likely pick up more of this in the future to try out some more – maybe a gaiwan session, as today i just went with western brew.

Terri HarpLady

Another one I need to pull out of the ‘new tea’ pile & sample

cavo and i split a bunch of the .5oz teas just to try them out so we can figure out what we want to order in July…so i’m trying to drink them sooner than i normally would lol

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Another one I need to pull out of the ‘new tea’ pile & sample