Tea of the afternoon…..(loose leaf version)

….immediately after the UPS man stopped at my house! I am so happy to have Diamond Jubilee in loose leaf and I have a whole pot to myself. It is just as wonderful as the sachet version….well, perhaps even a little better and you can see the tea. Oh my, the silver tips are huge! I still get the wonderful scent and taste of sweet grapefruit and lemony bergamot. Thank you, Mr. Harney, for listening to our pleas to offer this loose. I am still squeeing!

Usual teapot method.

Nicole

Dang. I just placed a Harney order with a friend and didn’t even look at Diamond Jubilee since I wasn’t out of the sachets yet. Had I realized there was a loose leaf option I would have jumped on it. Next time… :)

SimplyJenW

Nicole- I did have to call in my order because it was not yet on the website. So far they are offering a pound for $26.

JacquelineM

I just got my beeeeeea-uteous tin today! Will taste soon :)

ashmanra

I got my loose leaf today! And thanks to Jen, I knew to order an eight ounce size tin with a label for it for just $1.25 extra! Now my OCD tea shelf still looks lovely!

SimplyJenW

LOL! I have a 4 ounce labelled tin. I asked for just the labels. Actually, I asked for one 4 oz Diamond Jubilee label and 2 blank labels. I got 2 labelled 4 oz Diamond Jubilee tins….. Perhaps I will have to sell some off!

Comments

Nicole

JacquelineM

I just got my beeeeeea-uteous tin today! Will taste soon :)

ashmanra

SimplyJenW

Tea enthusiast, trying to keep up my cardio for the zombie apocalypse. I have come to accept that I am a western brewing black tea drinker as that is where my ‘tea heart’ lies. I started on loose leaf as a way to have my dessert and not suffer the caloric issues. Once I tried it, I was hooked.

I drink what I like, which is mostly China blacks, a few traditionally scented blacks and Earl Greys, plus a flavored tea here and there. I don’t mind spending a bit on premium varieties on occasion, but an expensive tea has to deliver. My favorite places to order are Harney & Sons and Upton Tea Imports. TeaVivre is great for Chinese tea.

My ratings are pretty subjective. If it falls under 70, I may not take the time to post about it unless I had something specific to say. If it is 70-80 I like it, but I will probably not rebuy. Favorites are over 80 and up, but sometimes the less expensive or more easily obtainable version of a similar taste will win out for my cupboard space.

Usual teapot steeping method: 24 oz teapot, 3 perfect scoops of tea (4 1/2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual mug steeping method: 15 oz mug, 1.5 perfect scoops of tea (just over 2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual pan method: 1 1/2 cups water, 2 perfect tsp chai (3 actual tsp). Simmer for 3 minutes. Add 2/3 cup skim milk. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Strain and sweeten.

Usual pitcher method:
5 or 6 Perfect Spoons of tea (this means about 7-9 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, brewed essentially double-strong in my 24 oz teapot for 4 minutes. Fill my Fiestaware Disc pitcher (about 60 oz.) halfway with ice. Add brewed double-strong tea to the pitcher. Stir it a little and enjoy. No additions.

(*SRP is my Sample/Stash Reduction Plan starting on April 12, 2012. I got so far, but just decided it was too fussy to keep track.)

Ohio