Tea of the morning…..

Yes, an odd one for me these days. Right now, I feel like I am coming off of a sugar high from Halloween. Plus, I have decided that I am slowly going through my flavored teas to eliminate some as I rarely drink them. I know I will never drink all of the flavored teas I have in stash. I just don’t crave them at this point. I am down to about 20 non-traditional flavored teas. (I am not including the jasmines, straight Earl Greys, and straight rose scented teas as I consider those traditionally flavored/scented.)

At first sip, I was thinking this would be a good one to give to my teenage tea friend. Well, maybe she can have half of it. ;) While I will never get thought the whole tin, I am kind of glad I pulled this one out again. I get light cocoa notes…a little more so than my favorite Fujian black teas. There is also a sweetness from the roses. Really, as flavored teas go, this one is well done. Yes, I can’t completely pass this one along…..I will be drinking some of it for sure!

Usual teapot method.

Nicole

I hear ya on the flavored teas. I’m just not as into them as I used to be.

Comments

Nicole

I hear ya on the flavored teas. I’m just not as into them as I used to be.

Tea enthusiast, trying to keep up my cardio for the zombie apocalypse. I have come to accept that I am a western brewing black tea drinker as that is where my ‘tea heart’ lies. I started on loose leaf as a way to have my dessert and not suffer the caloric issues. Once I tried it, I was hooked.

I drink what I like, which is mostly China blacks, a few traditionally scented blacks and Earl Greys, plus a flavored tea here and there. I don’t mind spending a bit on premium varieties on occasion, but an expensive tea has to deliver. My favorite places to order are Harney & Sons and Upton Tea Imports. TeaVivre is great for Chinese tea.

My ratings are pretty subjective. If it falls under 70, I may not take the time to post about it unless I had something specific to say. If it is 70-80 I like it, but I will probably not rebuy. Favorites are over 80 and up, but sometimes the less expensive or more easily obtainable version of a similar taste will win out for my cupboard space.

Usual teapot steeping method: 24 oz teapot, 3 perfect scoops of tea (4 1/2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual mug steeping method: 15 oz mug, 1.5 perfect scoops of tea (just over 2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual pan method: 1 1/2 cups water, 2 perfect tsp chai (3 actual tsp). Simmer for 3 minutes. Add 2/3 cup skim milk. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Strain and sweeten.

Usual pitcher method:
5 or 6 Perfect Spoons of tea (this means about 7-9 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, brewed essentially double-strong in my 24 oz teapot for 4 minutes. Fill my Fiestaware Disc pitcher (about 60 oz.) halfway with ice. Add brewed double-strong tea to the pitcher. Stir it a little and enjoy. No additions.

(*SRP is my Sample/Stash Reduction Plan starting on April 12, 2012. I got so far, but just decided it was too fussy to keep track.)

Ohio