Tea of the morning……

I am recently back from vacation. I will admit that I don’t drag the tea paraphernalia along with me any more when I travel. Just a few tea bags make their way into my luggage, and even then, I usually just drink coffee. Vacation is time for a change of pace. However, I am definitely ready to greet my tea stash when I get home. It is right up there with getting to sleep in my own bed. Both make me happy.

This is a tea that I thought I could finish up and eliminate from my stash. I know you hear lots of that from me. I mean, how many black teas does a girl need? In a quest for simplicity, I am trying to reduce, but most of the tea I have now are favorites, or very close to them. My last pot of this seemed too earthy and brisk. I am thinking I must have had an issue with my parameters. My guess would be that I added too much tea.

This pot is perfection. Malty breadiness, honey, light cocoa, and yum. How could I ever think I could live without this?

Usual teapot method.

Cheri

We’re taking a long weekend next weekend, and I’m trying to decide exactly how I want to pack my tea to bring with me, and what tea and supplies I really need.

Dinosara

Yeah, I’m pretty much a sachet girl when traveling these days. I figure I am unlikely to be able to get specific temp water or anything like that, so I want it as non-fussy as possible.

MzPriss

A girl (THIS girl anyway) needs a LOT of good black teas, as they are the best teas :)

Cheri

I don’t have too many sachets, but I should probably get more.

Comments

Cheri

Dinosara

MzPriss

Cheri

I don’t have too many sachets, but I should probably get more.

My motto: Drink the good tea!

Tea enthusiast, trying to keep up my cardio for the zombie apocalypse. I have come to accept that I am a western brewing black tea drinker as that is where my ‘tea heart’ lies. I started on loose leaf as a way to have my dessert and not suffer the caloric issues. Once I tried it, I was hooked.

I drink what I like, which is mostly China blacks, a few traditionally scented blacks and Earl Greys, plus a flavored tea here and there. I don’t mind spending a bit on premium varieties on occasion, but an expensive tea has to deliver. My favorite places to order are Harney & Sons and Upton Tea Imports. TeaVivre is great for Chinese tea.

My ratings are pretty subjective. If it falls under 70, I may not take the time to post about it unless I had something specific to say. If it is 70-80 I like it, but I will probably not rebuy. Favorites are over 80 and up, but sometimes the less expensive or more easily obtainable version of a similar taste will win out for my cupboard space.

Usual teapot steeping method: 24 oz teapot, 3 perfect scoops of tea (4 1/2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual mug steeping method: 15 oz mug, 1.5 perfect scoops of tea (just over 2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual pan method: 1 1/2 cups water, 2 perfect tsp chai (3 actual tsp). Simmer for 3 minutes. Add 2/3 cup skim milk. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Strain and sweeten.

Usual pitcher method:
5 or 6 Perfect Spoons of tea (this means about 7-9 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, brewed essentially double-strong in my 24 oz teapot for 4 minutes. Fill my Fiestaware Disc pitcher (about 60 oz.) halfway with ice. Add brewed double-strong tea to the pitcher. Stir it a little and enjoy. No additions.

(*SRP is my Sample/Stash Reduction Plan starting on April 12, 2012. I got so far, but just decided it was too fussy to keep track.)

Ohio