Tea of the morning……

I have been planning an order from Teavivre for their Anniversary sale. I am so thankful they have listed on their site what will be on sale, and for what percentage. I have only about 50g of this left, and it will be offered at a nice percentage off next week. I also need to revisity my Golden Monkey (although I noticed it is a newer harvest on site) and my Keemun Grade 1 before deciding what to add to my order. I am so excited to try their Keemun Mao Feng!

For a bargain tea, this is really good. First, I notice how smooth it is. There is a little malt and cocoa, and it is just great basic black tea at a super reasonable price. I think if it was not for the sale, I would stock more of this, but I am thinking of going for the next step up to the Full Leaf. Tea really has become something special I do for myself, so why not spring for the higher grade of tea. Still pondering…….

Usual teapot method.

boychik

Which Keemun fr Teavivre do you prefer?
Yunnan Dian hong Golden tip is the best out of three others I tried.

SimplyJenW

I guess I need more than one level of Keemun and Dian Hong to keep me happy. I love the Dian Hong Golden Tip, but I still have about 200g of it. I have not yet tried their Keemun Mao Feng. I tend to prefer the Keemun Grade 1 for everyday. I did not like the fragrant one- too floral. I get my floral tea fix from rose scented teas. I also found the Premium Keemun Hao Ya to be smoother, but not as smokey and mysterious, if that makes sense.

Tea Sipper

I’ve been wondering how the new harvest of Golden Monkey is…

boychik

Thanks. I guess I had to do my hw and order samples. Now it’s too late. I might order some because sale prices are very reasonable.

Comments

boychik

Which Keemun fr Teavivre do you prefer?
Yunnan Dian hong Golden tip is the best out of three others I tried.

SimplyJenW

Tea Sipper

I’ve been wondering how the new harvest of Golden Monkey is…

boychik

My motto: Drink the good tea!

Tea enthusiast, trying to keep up my cardio for the zombie apocalypse. I have come to accept that I am a western brewing black tea drinker as that is where my ‘tea heart’ lies. I started on loose leaf as a way to have my dessert and not suffer the caloric issues. Once I tried it, I was hooked.

I drink what I like, which is mostly China blacks, a few traditionally scented blacks and Earl Greys, plus a flavored tea here and there. I don’t mind spending a bit on premium varieties on occasion, but an expensive tea has to deliver. My favorite places to order are Harney & Sons and Upton Tea Imports. TeaVivre is great for Chinese tea.

My ratings are pretty subjective. If it falls under 70, I may not take the time to post about it unless I had something specific to say. If it is 70-80 I like it, but I will probably not rebuy. Favorites are over 80 and up, but sometimes the less expensive or more easily obtainable version of a similar taste will win out for my cupboard space.

Usual teapot steeping method: 24 oz teapot, 3 perfect scoops of tea (4 1/2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual mug steeping method: 15 oz mug, 1.5 perfect scoops of tea (just over 2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual pan method: 1 1/2 cups water, 2 perfect tsp chai (3 actual tsp). Simmer for 3 minutes. Add 2/3 cup skim milk. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Strain and sweeten.

Usual pitcher method:
5 or 6 Perfect Spoons of tea (this means about 7-9 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, brewed essentially double-strong in my 24 oz teapot for 4 minutes. Fill my Fiestaware Disc pitcher (about 60 oz.) halfway with ice. Add brewed double-strong tea to the pitcher. Stir it a little and enjoy. No additions.

(*SRP is my Sample/Stash Reduction Plan starting on April 12, 2012. I got so far, but just decided it was too fussy to keep track.)

Ohio