drank Fantasy Island by DAVIDsTEA

This one is raspberry and coconut with a darkish black base. It resteeps well, and really makes a great dessert tea. I am not sure it is one I could drink frequently, but it is definitely a treat! Thank you to ladykittykat for an awesome swap!

I am onto my third? sample of David’s Tea. All I have to say is that I am jealous of my Canadian tea drinker friends. I think David’s has great quality from all that I have had a chance to try thus far. And for some of you, you can visit the shop! I am still trying to get to a shop that does not start with ‘T’. I have a feeling, that if I were able to shop for tea in person, I would be drowning in tea, rather than just swimming in it!

aisling of tea

It wasn’t until I started swapping that I realized how lucky I am to be able to visit a DavidsTea any time I please. I’ve tried quite a few other companies by now, but DavidsTea still remains the best, IMHO.

And yay swaps! Let me know if there’s anything else you want to try! .

Uniquity

No worries…there are always those of us in the Great White North who will help a fellow David’s Tea lover out. I didn’t realize how lucky I was to have two in my neighbourhood until I learned that you need $50 to make free shipping. Of course, that’s all too easy to do but I LOVE to smell their teas!

QuiltGuppy

I just received a package from DavidsTea today. It’s really quick! The $50/free shipping applies to the USA, too. :)

SimplyJenW

QuiltGuppy- I knew that about David’s, but sometimes it is hard to jump in for $50 if you don’t know what you are getting. That is why I so appreciate those that have swapped David’s samples with me…. I will order at some point for sure, now that I know it is worth it!

QuiltGuppy

Believe me, I know nothing is more disappointing than ordering a bag of tea that I don’t like. (I wish they had samples.) However, it also gives ammunition for swapping. I have several of the teas from there, too, so if there’s something you want to try, I may have it!

Comments

aisling of tea

And yay swaps! Let me know if there’s anything else you want to try! .

Uniquity

SimplyJenW

QuiltGuppy

Tea enthusiast, trying to keep up my cardio for the zombie apocalypse. I have come to accept that I am a western brewing black tea drinker as that is where my ‘tea heart’ lies. I started on loose leaf as a way to have my dessert and not suffer the caloric issues. Once I tried it, I was hooked.

I drink what I like, which is mostly China blacks, a few traditionally scented blacks and Earl Greys, plus a flavored tea here and there. I don’t mind spending a bit on premium varieties on occasion, but an expensive tea has to deliver. My favorite places to order are Harney & Sons and Upton Tea Imports. TeaVivre is great for Chinese tea.

My ratings are pretty subjective. If it falls under 70, I may not take the time to post about it unless I had something specific to say. If it is 70-80 I like it, but I will probably not rebuy. Favorites are over 80 and up, but sometimes the less expensive or more easily obtainable version of a similar taste will win out for my cupboard space.

Usual teapot steeping method: 24 oz teapot, 3 perfect scoops of tea (4 1/2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual mug steeping method: 15 oz mug, 1.5 perfect scoops of tea (just over 2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual pan method: 1 1/2 cups water, 2 perfect tsp chai (3 actual tsp). Simmer for 3 minutes. Add 2/3 cup skim milk. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Strain and sweeten.

Usual pitcher method:
5 or 6 Perfect Spoons of tea (this means about 7-9 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, brewed essentially double-strong in my 24 oz teapot for 4 minutes. Fill my Fiestaware Disc pitcher (about 60 oz.) halfway with ice. Add brewed double-strong tea to the pitcher. Stir it a little and enjoy. No additions.

(*SRP is my Sample/Stash Reduction Plan starting on April 12, 2012. I got so far, but just decided it was too fussy to keep track.)

Ohio