My first attempt at this… My ratio is one part Black Currant to two parts Vanilla Black. I definitely like this. I might give a one to one ratio a go, but I am thinking this is pretty close.

24 oz teapot, 1 1/2 tsp Black Currant tea, 3 tsp Vanilla Black tea, freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Now I need a name for this. I hate to steal the brilliance that is Christa Y’s name, but am looking for something that is equally as cool. I am thinking along the lines of Liz Bennet, Spymaster……. You know, the original M, which is just short for Mrs. Darcy.

Or maybe this will be my Hobbit Tea. I can picture Rosie Cotton Gamgee making this tea for her friends. I am leaning toward this one…Rosie’s Hobbit Tea. What do you think?

teawing

Hmmm, I like both lines of thought here…Having just watched Fellowship of the Ring, and waiting in great anticipation for The Hobbit, I think I will cast my vote in favor of Rosie, nothing against Mrs. Darcy of course. I will try this at home tonight, I actually have some of both!

DaisyChubb

Oh my gosh my heart was just stolen away ; 3;
Hobbit tea! Rosie’s Hobbit Tea! My eyes are tearing up with glee so I think it’s a yes from me. :)!

ashmanra

Hmmm, as an advocate of second breakfast, I think it would be nice to have a whole line of appropriate teas for the occasion. Shire Tea might be a good name for a basic one. You really must come up with a Tom Bombadil blend! Something a little smokey, maybe? Or an really earthy green?

Jenn

Yes! Rosie’s Hobbit Tea is a winner for sure! Nerds… I love nerds :)

SimplyJenW

Yes, I think we have a winner!

SimplyJenW

@ashmanra- I agree we need a whole series. Wouldn’t Tom Bombadil be more of a pu’erh (earthy, like dirt, etc.)? That is one I can’t drink…yet.

teawing

Hear, hear! I second ashmanra’s motion.

Dinosara

Awesome name! I think that’s a great blend for Rosie (though I might throw in a pinch of rose scented too!)

SimplyJenW

Oohh. A pinch of Rose Scented sounds good. I will try that next!

ashmanra

I thought of puerh, typed it, then erased it because I know a lot of people don’t care for it. So yes, I think it would be a great choice! Maybe the strawberry chocolate one from Lupicia would be a good candidate.

SimpliciTEA

I just saw the name of this tea, and I love it! Rosie Cotton, right? Totally fits, as Hobbits love drinking tea!

Comments

teawing

DaisyChubb

Oh my gosh my heart was just stolen away ; 3;

Jenn

Yes! Rosie’s Hobbit Tea is a winner for sure! Nerds… I love nerds :)

SimplyJenW

Yes, I think we have a winner!

teawing

Hear, hear! I second ashmanra’s motion.

Dinosara

SimplyJenW

Oohh. A pinch of Rose Scented sounds good. I will try that next!

SimpliciTEA

Tea enthusiast, trying to keep up my cardio for the zombie apocalypse. I have come to accept that I am a western brewing black tea drinker as that is where my ‘tea heart’ lies. I started on loose leaf as a way to have my dessert and not suffer the caloric issues. Once I tried it, I was hooked.

I drink what I like, which is mostly China blacks, a few traditionally scented blacks and Earl Greys, plus a flavored tea here and there. I don’t mind spending a bit on premium varieties on occasion, but an expensive tea has to deliver. My favorite places to order are Harney & Sons and Upton Tea Imports. TeaVivre is great for Chinese tea.

My ratings are pretty subjective. If it falls under 70, I may not take the time to post about it unless I had something specific to say. If it is 70-80 I like it, but I will probably not rebuy. Favorites are over 80 and up, but sometimes the less expensive or more easily obtainable version of a similar taste will win out for my cupboard space.

Usual teapot steeping method: 24 oz teapot, 3 perfect scoops of tea (4 1/2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual mug steeping method: 15 oz mug, 1.5 perfect scoops of tea (just over 2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual pan method: 1 1/2 cups water, 2 perfect tsp chai (3 actual tsp). Simmer for 3 minutes. Add 2/3 cup skim milk. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Strain and sweeten.

Usual pitcher method:
5 or 6 Perfect Spoons of tea (this means about 7-9 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, brewed essentially double-strong in my 24 oz teapot for 4 minutes. Fill my Fiestaware Disc pitcher (about 60 oz.) halfway with ice. Add brewed double-strong tea to the pitcher. Stir it a little and enjoy. No additions.

(*SRP is my Sample/Stash Reduction Plan starting on April 12, 2012. I got so far, but just decided it was too fussy to keep track.)

Ohio