drank Chocolate Rocket by DAVIDsTEA

Tea of the morning…..

Yayyyy! I got my first David’s order yesterday. I was amazed at how fast it actually got here. And those of you in the US who have ordered, do you always have to sign with the courrier? I was surprised, but luckily home. It only took a few days to get from Montreal to NE Ohio.

Mmmmmm. Chocolate Rocket is very good. Chocolate and the end note of raspberry all wrapped up in a bundle of energy package. Thank you to DaisyChubb for sending me the sample that pushed me to order! I think I am hooked and welcome David’s into the top places I love to order.

Usual steeping paramters, except for the time of 5 minutes.

QuiltGuppy

David’s is super quick! I always have to sign, too, and the worst is when it arrives and I’m not here to sign, or the next day either, and I know it’s just waiting in a box somewhere…

Fairyfli

mmm… I just ordered from david’s too and I got this one can’t wait to try it!

Comments

QuiltGuppy

Fairyfli

mmm… I just ordered from david’s too and I got this one can’t wait to try it!

Tea enthusiast, trying to keep up my cardio for the zombie apocalypse. I have come to accept that I am a western brewing black tea drinker as that is where my ‘tea heart’ lies. I started on loose leaf as a way to have my dessert and not suffer the caloric issues. Once I tried it, I was hooked.

I drink what I like, which is mostly China blacks, a few traditionally scented blacks and Earl Greys, plus a flavored tea here and there. I don’t mind spending a bit on premium varieties on occasion, but an expensive tea has to deliver. My favorite places to order are Harney & Sons and Upton Tea Imports. TeaVivre is great for Chinese tea.

My ratings are pretty subjective. If it falls under 70, I may not take the time to post about it unless I had something specific to say. If it is 70-80 I like it, but I will probably not rebuy. Favorites are over 80 and up, but sometimes the less expensive or more easily obtainable version of a similar taste will win out for my cupboard space.

Usual teapot steeping method: 24 oz teapot, 3 perfect scoops of tea (4 1/2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual mug steeping method: 15 oz mug, 1.5 perfect scoops of tea (just over 2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual pan method: 1 1/2 cups water, 2 perfect tsp chai (3 actual tsp). Simmer for 3 minutes. Add 2/3 cup skim milk. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Strain and sweeten.

Usual pitcher method:
5 or 6 Perfect Spoons of tea (this means about 7-9 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, brewed essentially double-strong in my 24 oz teapot for 4 minutes. Fill my Fiestaware Disc pitcher (about 60 oz.) halfway with ice. Add brewed double-strong tea to the pitcher. Stir it a little and enjoy. No additions.

(*SRP is my Sample/Stash Reduction Plan starting on April 12, 2012. I got so far, but just decided it was too fussy to keep track.)

Ohio