drank Chocolate Rocket by DAVIDsTEA

Edit to add Folks….this is the 80,000th tasting note on Steepster! (about 6:40 am EDT, September 19, 2011…at least I think it was. I checked the number of tasting notes right after posting this and it said 80000….)

Tea of the early morning…..

I added some organic Keemun again. I guess I need a little more of a full flavor and the Keemun seems to make it perfect. Lucky for me, I have at least 5 versions of Keemun from several price points in my cupboard (some are samples). I think it might be time for Keemun Class…..just to see what changes with the pricetag! I love a little experiment!

Anyway, I love this one…the raspberry, the chocolate, the mate, and the chicory all rounded out with a little Keemun in my pot. Plus, the Keemun allows me to use a little less Chocolate Rocket, which means I can hold off for longer on making an order. (I really have got to stop adding so much to my cupboard……. and relax…….. and drink some tea!)

24 oz teapot, 4 tsp Chocolate Rocket (this has lots of bits with the mate), 1 1/2 tsp organic Keemun, freshly boiled water, 5 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Dinosara

Wow, congrats on being the 80,000th! I feel like you should get a prize! :D

CHAroma

Woot!!!

DaisyChubb

yaaay congrats! :D

Indigobloom

Neato!!! congrats :)

Comments

Dinosara

Wow, congrats on being the 80,000th! I feel like you should get a prize! :D

CHAroma

Woot!!!

DaisyChubb

yaaay congrats! :D

Indigobloom

Neato!!! congrats :)

Tea enthusiast, trying to keep up my cardio for the zombie apocalypse. I have come to accept that I am a western brewing black tea drinker as that is where my ‘tea heart’ lies. I started on loose leaf as a way to have my dessert and not suffer the caloric issues. Once I tried it, I was hooked.

I drink what I like, which is mostly China blacks, a few traditionally scented blacks and Earl Greys, plus a flavored tea here and there. I don’t mind spending a bit on premium varieties on occasion, but an expensive tea has to deliver. My favorite places to order are Harney & Sons and Upton Tea Imports. TeaVivre is great for Chinese tea.

My ratings are pretty subjective. If it falls under 70, I may not take the time to post about it unless I had something specific to say. If it is 70-80 I like it, but I will probably not rebuy. Favorites are over 80 and up, but sometimes the less expensive or more easily obtainable version of a similar taste will win out for my cupboard space.

Usual teapot steeping method: 24 oz teapot, 3 perfect scoops of tea (4 1/2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual mug steeping method: 15 oz mug, 1.5 perfect scoops of tea (just over 2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual pan method: 1 1/2 cups water, 2 perfect tsp chai (3 actual tsp). Simmer for 3 minutes. Add 2/3 cup skim milk. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Strain and sweeten.

Usual pitcher method:
5 or 6 Perfect Spoons of tea (this means about 7-9 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, brewed essentially double-strong in my 24 oz teapot for 4 minutes. Fill my Fiestaware Disc pitcher (about 60 oz.) halfway with ice. Add brewed double-strong tea to the pitcher. Stir it a little and enjoy. No additions.

(*SRP is my Sample/Stash Reduction Plan starting on April 12, 2012. I got so far, but just decided it was too fussy to keep track.)

Ohio