drank Earl Grey by Lupicia

After workout tea……

It is time to get back to my healthier ways. I always feel so much better when I am making an effort to exercise, but it is usually the getting started that is the problem. I think I am going to set up a jar with tokens….one token for a workout (I might even include a rigorous round of shoveling snow if we get any more, LOL!). One token for a dollar, and work up to buying a tetsubin. I know I can get by without one, but I am kind of wanting one for my oolongs. Anyway this is my post-workout cuppa today.

One more thing about Lupicia that I like…..by placing an online order for $30 or more, I have now been subscribed to their “Fresh Tea” Magazine for a year which supposedly comes every month and includes a free tea sample. I can always get behind a free sample. For December, which they included in my order, it was Earl Grey. The one I have is a wrapped sachet, but I think this will be a fun thing for the upcoming year.

This is a really good Earl! (Dinosara, I am talking to you!) It is maybe a little brighter and less musty than the ones I usually drink (even though I still love me a slightly mustyish Earl!) If I ever pare down my cache of Earl Grey varieties, this will be on my list….but since I can get it in 50 g, I might go for it anyway the next time I order at Lupicia. Also, I have not had Earl Grey in a while, and I think my taste for it is cycling back around, but I am thinking it was jut one particular Earl variety, recently rehomed, that squashed my cravings for it. I am so glad to be on friendly terms with the Earl again!

My afternoon 5 minute resteep was good, too!

LiberTEAS

This is one of my favorite Earl Grey teas. I think my favorite may be from thepuriTea, but, this one is probably second, followed closely by the Lord Bergamot from Steven Smith.

I like ordering from Lupicia too. I need to place an order sometime this month, so that I can stay with the subscription (which I believe just ended). Thanks for reminding me!

SimplyJenW

I just read that it is a Keemun tea base…..no wonder I like this so much as I am a Keemun junkie!

Dinosara

It’s been on my list for quite a while, actually, after reading not long after I joined Steepster that LiberTEAS recommended as one of her top EG’s. I still haven’t gotten around to ordering from Lupicia, but I hopefully will this year!

ashmanra

The Chocolate and Strawberry puerh was amazing! Expensive, but amazing!

Comments

LiberTEAS

SimplyJenW

Dinosara

ashmanra

The Chocolate and Strawberry puerh was amazing! Expensive, but amazing!

Tea enthusiast, trying to keep up my cardio for the zombie apocalypse. I have come to accept that I am a western brewing black tea drinker as that is where my ‘tea heart’ lies. I started on loose leaf as a way to have my dessert and not suffer the caloric issues. Once I tried it, I was hooked.

I drink what I like, which is mostly China blacks, a few traditionally scented blacks and Earl Greys, plus a flavored tea here and there. I don’t mind spending a bit on premium varieties on occasion, but an expensive tea has to deliver. My favorite places to order are Harney & Sons and Upton Tea Imports. TeaVivre is great for Chinese tea.

My ratings are pretty subjective. If it falls under 70, I may not take the time to post about it unless I had something specific to say. If it is 70-80 I like it, but I will probably not rebuy. Favorites are over 80 and up, but sometimes the less expensive or more easily obtainable version of a similar taste will win out for my cupboard space.

Usual teapot steeping method: 24 oz teapot, 3 perfect scoops of tea (4 1/2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual mug steeping method: 15 oz mug, 1.5 perfect scoops of tea (just over 2 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, 4 minutes. Lightly sweetened.

Usual pan method: 1 1/2 cups water, 2 perfect tsp chai (3 actual tsp). Simmer for 3 minutes. Add 2/3 cup skim milk. Simmer for 2 more minutes. Strain and sweeten.

Usual pitcher method:
5 or 6 Perfect Spoons of tea (this means about 7-9 actual tsp), freshly boiled water, brewed essentially double-strong in my 24 oz teapot for 4 minutes. Fill my Fiestaware Disc pitcher (about 60 oz.) halfway with ice. Add brewed double-strong tea to the pitcher. Stir it a little and enjoy. No additions.

(*SRP is my Sample/Stash Reduction Plan starting on April 12, 2012. I got so far, but just decided it was too fussy to keep track.)

Ohio