drank Gypsy Rose by Zhena's Gypsy Tea

Smells lovely, tastes like black tea, but the only herb-y note I’m tasting is a slight hint of what I usually call “wet washrag” – that’s what chamomile tastes like to me, and perhaps that’s what rose will taste like to me.

The liquor is much darker than the image shows, so I might try a shorter steep time.

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas