drank Gunpowder by Adagio Teas

Strong grassy scent, not unpleasant. Seems slightly smokey to me, but that just might be an influence of the name. :)

The liquor is a nice amber color.

The taste isn’t strong, but it’s nice. No bitterness, very little astringency. Just a lovely soothing tea.

The second cup, after it’s been steeping longer, doesn’t have any bitterness, just an increase in astringency.

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas