drank Earl Grey by Kusmi Tea

My last sample teabag from the Kusmi order. Given the indignity of the office breakroom treatment – a packet of splenda and a tub of liquid Coffeemate. It tolerates that with a quiet dignity. There’s not a lot of bergamot, but for this treatment, it’s ok – strong earl greys don’t really taste that good to me when I don’t have actual half & half and real sugar or honey. I think I might have to put this on my shopping list and get a tin when I finally run out of all the other earl greys I have. That might take awhile though. Possibly decades. I have a lot of earl grey.

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas