Oh, my poor Captain. I steeped him too long. I am sorry for the abuse!

Brewed him up in my Lock & Lock, waited too long to sip, and then realized it was going to get bitter if I left the tea in the leaves. Poured it out into a disposable coffee cup. The indignity! My hippie heart aches.

Still dang drinkable though! Drinking straight this morning. I am determined to watch what I’m eating and drinking. I’ve lost 10 lbs in the last 2 months, and I don’t want to destroy that work!

190 °F / 87 °C 8 min or more
Skulleigh

PS – I have had one of the temporary tattoos that came with the tea on my arm for over a week now. Those are some good quality fakes :D

Comments

Skulleigh

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas