I had this in my drawer at work, so I pulled it out to accompany the scrambled eggs and sausage that I brought from home. Brewed the first cup for only 2 minutes or so, rather than the 3-5 listed on the tin. Added splenda and a creamer tub, and it was quite good. Next cup (same leaves) I steeped for 3 minutes or so, and it came out pretty much the same.

Good morning wake up tea for a day when I wanted a more “plain” black tea – as in not a blend or Earl Grey type.

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas