drank Detox by Kusmi Tea

My throat is kind of sore after last night’s drinking and talking loudly with friends. So I thought I would give this a try. I have a small tin of it from Kusmi’s wellness sampler.

I get what another reviewer said about it having a cigarette flavor/smell. It’s not overwhelming in my cup though. I think I might try steeping for a shorter time next pot – I set it to steep and then folded a load of clothes, so it is a bit strong. I was unsure of the water temp since green tea wants cooler vs boiling for herbs. I went with 190. As a result, I think the mate is overwhelming everything else. I get just a hint of lemongrass.

So shorter time, cooler water next time I think, and I want to try it iced.

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas