drank Masala Chai by Adagio Teas

/george takei voice: Oh my!

I have been trying goat milk in my tea this week, and haven’t really found it as good as my old stand-by, half & half. Until now. Usually, there’s this tart aftertaste that says “I’m goat milk!” that wasn’t playing well with my teas to me.

Decided I wanted chai this morning. Set up my little white teapot and started working (today’s my work-from-home day) and then started working and forgot about it for a bit. Once I remembered, I ran downstairs and frothed up a little splenda and the goat milk, poured the tea in and WOW! That’s nice. The chai slaps the goat around a little, and it blends all in with the spices and everyone sings a happy little tune.

So the goat milk seems to just need something a little more intense to stand up to it. Good to know! I don’t know that I’ll make goat milk a regular part of my tea routine, but it’s fun to try things out.

Boiling 8 min or more

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas