drank Detox by Kusmi Tea

Hah, the last time I tried this, I had a sore throat then too. Still getting that cigarette taste. The lemongrass is a little more prominent this time. Just not a big fan of this tea.

For the last of the pot, I poured it over ice with some Splenda, and it’s much more palatable. Enough to raise my score a bit. I think it loses the cigarette taste. And feels good on my sore throat.

I definitely won’t be buying more of this though. Now to decide if I want to give or trade away the rest of the tin, or if I will just drink it iced…

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas