drank Black Pearl by Mandala Tea

Yarrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It be the day o’ days again, what ta celebrate seafarrrin’ criminal enterprrrise! International Talk Like A Pirate Day! Arrrr!

This yearrrr, I be drinkin’ a mighty appropriate bit o’ booty from me latest adventures on the high tea – err, sea! Black Pearrrrl, from Mandala! This be my first time raidin’ from those lubbers, and I don’t regret it one bit! The ship’s manifest contained a handwritten note o’ surrender* from one o’ the co-Captains o’ that ship, a Cap’n Garret. I ordered them ta give up 4 coffers of gold, and they were so skeered o’ being keel-hauled, they sent 2 smaller coffers as well! Quite a haul!

The cask o’ Pearls now, they be a fine lot! I’ve plundered pearls from Adagio before, but these have a fuller bodied aroma, like the ladies what hail from Trinidad. They are brighter and more lustrous when compared to those jewels. Darker darks, and more golden golds.

Bit less o’ a chocolate taste, but still malty and sweet. Quite good. I be enjoyin’ me first cup, and look forward ta more!

Arrrrrr!

*note of surrender was actually a very nice thank you for my purchase. No merchant vessels were harmed in this skirmish ;)

Terri HarpLady

Aye, Skulleigh, I see through me spyglass that we’re aboard the same ship! Hats off to ya, fellow skallowag!

Fuzzy_Peachkin

That be a might fine speech about tea! You’d make yer mother’s dark heart proud.

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Fuzzy_Peachkin

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas