drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Ooooh. This was just what I needed this morning. I snagged the pouch with the last of my old order of this on the way out the door, since I have a nice full new pouch in my cupboard. I’ve been getting a bit burned out on my work stash, so this is a nice change up, and there’s enough left for another cup tomorrow.

Mmmm… the smell of the leaves is awesome, their appearance is neat… and then brewed up… ahhh, I needed that! Even with the low temperature break-room hot water, the half & half in plastic tubs… it’s still good.

When I was a very young child, I swallowed an ice cube whole. It got stuck in my throat, and my mother had me drink hot tea to melt it away. That started a love affair with tea that has never abated.

I dabbled with Celestial Seasonings and other grocery store teabags for awhile, in my young and foolish days. But a few years ago, my husband got me a tea of the month subscription from Adagio, and I found that there was a whole other world of tea out there that I had never experienced.

I love drinking tea, and I love the personal ceremony of making a glass or pot of tea for myself. It’s like a meditation.

DFW, Texas