This is a super late blog for me, but I was so distracted earlier! It was one of those days where I felt overwhelmed by stuff to do and just life, but I was given a gift of thunderstorms by nature so that made things much better. Now that the world is quiet I can focus on writing my daily review! Today I am reviewing a tea that was sent to me by the lovely Single Origin Teas, a company that loves to supply teas from all around the world, plus they have awesome recyclable bags made from recycled paper. Awesome!

Idulgashinna Ceylon Green Organic is a Green tea from the Uva region of Sri Lanka, a region that is more known for its Black teas. I tried a Green Ceylon a few months ago (It made a really good iced tea) and was excited to try this one, I was very surprised when I noticed the teas were completely different, exciting! The aroma is very mild and green, like fresh grass and citrus leaves. Similar to Ceylon Black teas it has the slightly tangy, citrus aroma that makes them very brisk and invigorating, but it brings in a floral aroma similar to orange blossoms.

Once I put these beautiful leaves in their nice sauna the aroma takes on a slight chestnut aroma that mixes with a bit of an artichoke aroma. There is still the hint of orange flowers but it is a bit of a whisper at the end, like a breeze bringing in a distant blooming flower’s aroma through an open window. Once the leaves have been removed (they are still really lovely to look at) the liquid has a sweet aroma with a bit of a tangy citrus note. I do not notice any real vegetal aroma in the liquid, it has stayed in the leaves.

Surprise! I love surprises and the taste is certainly a pleasant one. The taste is honey sweet with citrus notes, the website states that the taste is reminiscent of Lychee and I completely agree (I should note that I tend to not read the tasting notes on teas before I taste them, the power of suggestion might taint me!! I just noticed this when I added the above link and thought it was awesome). There is a slight note of floral, it is orange blossom and very light, finishing with a tiny bit of the astringency that compliments the other flavors really well. There is a floral aftertaste that finishes the whole experience with a smile. As the tea cools the aftertaste becomes vegetal and less floral. This tea has a very fascinating quality where it is intensely delicious while still being very mild, I really enjoy it and I think it will help when I am craving Lychees and cannot find any fresh ones.

For blog post and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2013/10/single-origin-teas-idulgashinna-ceylon.html

My Rating Guide, This is a personal rating and not necessarily a reflection of the tea’s quality
100-Must have on hand, it is one of my favorite teas
85-99-Really good teas, like exquisitely good
65-84-Not bad, they can be good but generic, or just teas that I found enjoyably ok.
40-64-Not a favorite, but not terrible. I would drink it if it was in front of me but I doubt I would seek it out on my own.
20-40-Not the best tea ever, either it was not to my liking or it was really bland. Chances are I would turn this one down unless I was really thirsty.
0-19-No, just no. Either there was something wrong with this tea or it was utterly undrinkable by me.

I am a nerdy, obsessive, crafty, tea blogging, gaming nut. Yeah, that about sums me up! Ok, you want something more informative….

I am a Geek, hardcore fan-girl Geek. It shapes my life. I spend a lot of time making things out of perler beads and I bet you can guess what inspires them. Other than the obsessive pixelizing of things I spend a large portion of my time doing origami (especially Lucky Stars and modular geometric designs) it is an equal obsession. I hoard dice, get obsessed with games, and will talk about whatever fandom, game, etc that I am obsessed over until I am blue in the face. I am not just a gamer girl type Geek, I also fit in the collecting knowledge and spending way too much time reading, category of Geek.

But there is more to me than just being a giant nerd. I love tea, always have and have just gotten more and more obsessed as I get older. I love trying new teas and then writing lengthy descriptions about them on my blog, I love reading and researching the history and culture of tea, I love collecting tea pots and fancy tea tools.

When the weather allows it, I love to go mushroom hunting. I don’t eat them, instead I use them for photography and spore prints. It is my dream to one day become a Mycologist studying slime molds.

I have Fibromyalgia, it sucks, but I feel people who are going to interact with me should know since I tend to vanish because of it. So fair warning!!

I also have cats, love the ocean and all aquatic life, love cheese, and collect hats.

My favorite tea is definitely Oolong, but I also love Japanese greens and…ok I just love tea actually :P I am not a huge fan of lemony teas or tart fruit teas. I also loathe hibiscus (usually)

This is my actual tea wishlist, you know that I actually update and keep track of…I tend to forget Steepster’s https://www.facebook.com/notes/amanda-wilson/tea-wishlishtshopping-list-perpetually-in-progress/10152336515414411 I use my steepster WL to keep track of teas I have had and really want more of :P

Kansas City, MO