drank Yunnan Jig by Adagio Teas

I am going to admit it, I have not had a good day. I blame it on insufficient tea, insufficient snow, and really annoying Lupus/RA flair in the making. Even though my day has been less than stellar I am somewhat grateful for days like today, they help keep life in perspective. Life is all about balance, and today I will balance my life by making my tea journal’s backlog one entry shorter.

Today’s tea is Yunnan Jig by Adagio Teas and is one of those beautiful Black teas filled with beautiful golden tips. I am such a fan of tippy teas, the aesthetic appeal is so strong. The aroma is sweetly muscatel with notes of oak and summer berries. The aroma is very mellow and fairly soothing, fairly delicate for a Black tea.

Once the leaves are steeped their aroma takes a turn for the malty with strong notes of oak. Less sweet now and more of that punchy aroma that Black teas are known for. The aroma is much brighter and richer now with very subtle notes of muscatel as I pull my steeping basket away from my face. The liquid is sweet and muscatel with a delicate note of malt and a hint of fresh berries.

The taste is bright and clean! It is a great feeling to take that first sip of a black and feel not only refreshed but have the flavors come across as being pure. The flavors are sweet with notes of muscatel and a gentle hint of dark chocolate. I also detected an aftertaste of mineral leaving a slightly tingling mouthfeel which finished the sipping experience with the same refreshing feeling as the beginning. This is a great afternoon tea that I found tasted wonderfully straight, but adding a hint of cream and sugar was also delicious.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2013/12/adagio-teas-yunnan-jig-tea-review.html

I am a nerdy, obsessive, crafty, tea guzzling, gaming nut. Yeah, that about sums me up! Ok, you want something more informative….

I am a Geek, hardcore fan-girl Geek. It shapes my life. I spend a lot of time making things out of perler beads and I bet you can guess what inspires them. I hoard dice, get obsessed with games, and will talk about whatever fandom, game, etc that I am obsessed over until I am blue in the face. I am not just a gamer girl type Geek, I also fit in the collecting knowledge and spending way too much time reading, category of Geek.

But there is more to me than just being a giant nerd. I love tea, always have and have just gotten more and more obsessed as I get older. I love trying new teas and then writing lengthy descriptions about them, I love reading and researching the history and culture of tea, I love collecting tea pots and fancy tea tools.

When the weather allows it, I love to go mushroom hunting. I don’t eat them, instead I use them for photography and spore prints. It is my dream to one day become a Mycologist studying slime molds.

I have Lupus and RA, it sucks, but I feel people who are going to interact with me should know since I tend to vanish because of it. So fair warning!!

I also have cats, love the ocean and all aquatic life, love cheese, and collect hats.

My favorite tea is definitely Oolong, but I also love Japanese greens and…ok I just love tea actually :P I am not a huge fan of lemony teas or tart fruit teas. I also loathe lemongrass (usually)

Kansas City, MO