My first day without any tea (or non boring food) and so far a mild improvement, sadly the complete and utter lack of caffeine has turned me into a grumpy slug. I haven’t bothered to change out of my PJs and have spent the entire day playing Terraria and glaring at anyone that is at all ‘peppy’ it turns out I am not a pleasant person without caffeine in my system. But have no fear, I can reign in my snarly sensibilities to talk about a tea like a civilized person.

Today we are looking at Aged Earl Grey by Numi Organic Tea, I originally bought a box of this tea for my Earl Grey obsessed boyfriend in the constant search to find different Earl Grey variants that he would like, of course I wandered off with a bag for my own nefarious reviewing purposes. The aroma of this tea is very bergamot heavy with a sweet edge to it, there is also a malty undertone that makes the aroma very pleasant, it is certainly a tea that will wake you up!

The brewed tea has a bright and brisk aroma, typical of an Earl Grey, with strong notes of bergamot’s citrus tones. There is also an undertone of malt that add an extra bit of briskness to the cup’s aroma.

The taste is sadly not spectacular, there is an initial wonderfully bright zing of astringency, but after that fades I found I was left with a mouth full of nothingness. The bergamot aroma from earlier is not present in the tasting, but there is still a very mild hint of malt as an aftertaste. Sadly this tea is not for me, even if it does smell delightful.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2013/12/numi-organic-tea-aged-earl-grey-tea.html

TheTeaFairy

Really hope you get this out of your system soon…

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Really hope you get this out of your system soon…

I am a nerdy, obsessive, crafty, tea guzzling, gaming nut. Yeah, that about sums me up! Ok, you want something more informative….

I am a Geek, hardcore fan-girl Geek. It shapes my life. I spend a lot of time making things out of perler beads and I bet you can guess what inspires them. I hoard dice, get obsessed with games, and will talk about whatever fandom, game, etc that I am obsessed over until I am blue in the face. I am not just a gamer girl type Geek, I also fit in the collecting knowledge and spending way too much time reading, category of Geek.

But there is more to me than just being a giant nerd. I love tea, always have and have just gotten more and more obsessed as I get older. I love trying new teas and then writing lengthy descriptions about them, I love reading and researching the history and culture of tea, I love collecting tea pots and fancy tea tools.

When the weather allows it, I love to go mushroom hunting. I don’t eat them, instead I use them for photography and spore prints. It is my dream to one day become a Mycologist studying slime molds.

I have Lupus and RA, it sucks, but I feel people who are going to interact with me should know since I tend to vanish because of it. So fair warning!!

I also have cats, love the ocean and all aquatic life, love cheese, and collect hats.

My favorite tea is definitely Oolong, but I also love Japanese greens and…ok I just love tea actually :P I am not a huge fan of lemony teas or tart fruit teas. I also loathe lemongrass (usually)

Kansas City, MO