I came up with a brilliant idea today! In a few months (October to be exact) I am going back to Pennsylvania to visit my family for three months, I have been utterly stumped on how to provide for myself while I was there. I decided to create a GoFundMe campaign offering my crafty creations in return for funding. Wish me luck that it works!

Today’s tea is Just Organic Tea’s Just Perfect Peony, a nice white tea, specifically a Bai Mu Dan. Bai Mu Dan translates to White Peony, a perfect name for a delicate, leafy, tea. I will have to say this is one of the greenest of the White Peony teas I have run across, it is so vibrant! The aroma is a savory blend of lettuce, chestnut, paper, and little bit of roasted peanuts. I find it is pretty random as to whether or not a White Peony’s aroma will be more savory or sweet, I tend to like them both.

Into the gaiwan the leaves go! The brewed leaves’s aroma is a very green aroma of sage, lettuce, and dried green leaves. The aroma is is sharp and very green, fresh and like spring time. The liquid is slightly sweet with notes of lettuce and fresh vegetation.

The taste is honey sweet with a touch of lettuce and a tiny bit of spicebush. The tea is fresh and very spring like, I am amazed at how sweet the tea is considering how savory the aroma of the dried leaves were. I found it quite delicious and very refreshing.

For review and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/05/just-organic-teas-just-perfect-peony.html

Flavors: Honey, Lettuce, Sage

SimpliciTEA

Good luck!

Comments

SimpliciTEA

Good luck!

I am a nerdy, obsessive, crafty, tea blogging, gaming nut. Yeah, that about sums me up! Ok, you want something more informative….

I am a Geek, hardcore fan-girl Geek. It shapes my life. I spend a lot of time making things out of perler beads and I bet you can guess what inspires them. Other than the obsessive pixelizing of things I spend a large portion of my time doing origami (especially Lucky Stars and modular geometric designs) it is an equal obsession. I hoard dice, get obsessed with games, and will talk about whatever fandom, game, etc that I am obsessed over until I am blue in the face. I am not just a gamer girl type Geek, I also fit in the collecting knowledge and spending way too much time reading, category of Geek.

But there is more to me than just being a giant nerd. I love tea, always have and have just gotten more and more obsessed as I get older. I love trying new teas and then writing lengthy descriptions about them, I love reading and researching the history and culture of tea, I love collecting tea pots and fancy tea tools.

When the weather allows it, I love to go mushroom hunting. I don’t eat them, instead I use them for photography and spore prints. It is my dream to one day become a Mycologist studying slime molds.

I have Fibromyalgia, it sucks, but I feel people who are going to interact with me should know since I tend to vanish because of it. So fair warning!!

I also have cats, love the ocean and all aquatic life, love cheese, and collect hats.

My favorite tea is definitely Oolong, but I also love Japanese greens and…ok I just love tea actually :P I am not a huge fan of lemony teas or tart fruit teas. I also loathe lemongrass (usually)

This is my actual tea wishlist, you know that I actually update and keep track of…I tend to forget Steepster’s https://www.facebook.com/notes/amanda-wilson/tea-wishlishtshopping-list-perpetually-in-progress/10152336515414411 I use my steepster WL to keep track of teas I have had and really want more of :P

Kansas City, MO