Yesterday was awesome, I am still basking in the fun glow. Since this week will be Ben’s first week back at work, he wanted to do something fun with me, so we went to the zoo! Since I am photosensitive, this means we were there at its 8 am opening, we wandered around for five hours and I am so sore today, but it was totally worth it. I got some awesome photos, a tiny plushie Red Panda, and even got to pet an Ibis. It was truly an awesome day.

When I was visiting my mom in Pennsylvania last summer (and therefore had access to my favorite grocery store) I became mildly addicted to today’s tea. Wegman’s Organic Blueberry Green Tea is a blend of Green Tea, White Tea, Blueberries, Cornflower Petals, and Flavoring. The aroma of the leaves is delightfully fruity, it smells like sweet blueberries and fresh vegetation. There is a hint of lettuce and very delicate floral as well, for the finish we have a slight peppery kick.

The aroma of the brewed tea is quite sweet and very vegetal, it reminds me of a mild Bi Luo Chun with notes of artichoke and lychee. This blends really well with the blueberry aroma. The liquid has a very blueberry heavy aroma, which makes me happy, there are also notes of lychee and fresh vegetation with a gentle finish of lettuce.

It is no secret that of all the flavorings you can add to things, blueberries are my favorite, but it has to taste like sweet, fresh, wild Maine Blueberries from my childhood memories or I won’t like it. None of those tart blueberries for me, please. I admit, when I was drinking this over the summer I primarily had it sweetened and frequently chilled. I have since moved away from sweetening my teas and only rarely chill them, so lets see if I still love it as much. The taste is delicate and sweet, the blueberry taste is faint, it is more like having blueberries in the tea and not flavoring it. There are notes of artichoke, lettuce, and a tiny bit of acidic citrus at the finish. On a whim I added a bit of sugar and the faint blueberries pop into a rich blueberry flavor. I guess some things never change, my love for strong blueberries certainly doesn’t!

For photos and blog: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/06/wegmans-food-market-organic-blueberry.html

Flavors: Artichoke, Blueberry, Lettuce

Veronica

I really like this tea and go through phases where I can’t get enough of it. It’s one of the better blueberry teas I’ve found.

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

Agree! I was originally a big fan of Bigelow’s Blueberry green, but they changed the recipe and I wanted to stop using tea bags, this was the perfect transition tea.

Comments

Veronica

Amanda 'SoggyEnderman' Wilson

My Rating Guide, This is a personal rating and not necessarily a reflection of the tea’s quality
100-Must have on hand, it is one of my favorite teas
85-99-Really good teas, like exquisitely good
65-84-Not bad, they can be good but generic, or just teas that I found enjoyably ok.
40-64-Not a favorite, but not terrible. I would drink it if it was in front of me but I doubt I would seek it out on my own.
20-40-Not the best tea ever, either it was not to my liking or it was really bland. Chances are I would turn this one down unless I was really thirsty.
0-19-No, just no. Either there was something wrong with this tea or it was utterly undrinkable by me.

I am a nerdy, obsessive, crafty, tea blogging, gaming nut. Yeah, that about sums me up! Ok, you want something more informative….

I am a Geek, hardcore fan-girl Geek. It shapes my life. I spend a lot of time making things out of perler beads and I bet you can guess what inspires them. Other than the obsessive pixelizing of things I spend a large portion of my time doing origami (especially Lucky Stars and modular geometric designs) it is an equal obsession. I hoard dice, get obsessed with games, and will talk about whatever fandom, game, etc that I am obsessed over until I am blue in the face. I am not just a gamer girl type Geek, I also fit in the collecting knowledge and spending way too much time reading, category of Geek.

But there is more to me than just being a giant nerd. I love tea, always have and have just gotten more and more obsessed as I get older. I love trying new teas and then writing lengthy descriptions about them on my blog, I love reading and researching the history and culture of tea, I love collecting tea pots and fancy tea tools.

When the weather allows it, I love to go mushroom hunting. I don’t eat them, instead I use them for photography and spore prints. It is my dream to one day become a Mycologist studying slime molds.

I have Fibromyalgia, it sucks, but I feel people who are going to interact with me should know since I tend to vanish because of it. So fair warning!!

I also have cats, love the ocean and all aquatic life, love cheese, and collect hats.

My favorite tea is definitely Oolong, but I also love Japanese greens and…ok I just love tea actually :P I am not a huge fan of lemony teas or tart fruit teas. I also loathe hibiscus (usually)

This is my actual tea wishlist, you know that I actually update and keep track of…I tend to forget Steepster’s https://www.facebook.com/notes/amanda-wilson/tea-wishlishtshopping-list-perpetually-in-progress/10152336515414411 I use my steepster WL to keep track of teas I have had and really want more of :P

Kansas City, MO