Oh man, I might have done a dumb today. I am in a real hurry to get my new tea lair in the bedroom (still needs a new name) set up, but a lot of the stuff I can’t do because it involves moving heavy things, and Ben is busy with work so I am stuck in tea limbo. Well, I decided to take it upon my self to move some of the furniture around, and I think that sharp pain in my hips means I won’t be able to walk tomorrow. Silly me, I never learn and always manage to over do it when I am doing house work.

Today’s tea is going to do an excellent job of distracting me, but tropical flavors do that to me, especially coconut! Coconut Crème by The Persimmon Tree Tea Company is a blend of White Tea, Coconut, Cornflowers, Safflowers (all organic) and Natural Flavoring. I found this intriguing because I have never seen coconut mixed with white tea, I bet it will be a delightful blend of flavors. Well, I can certainly say it smells good! The aroma is a blend of coconut, honey, and delicate floral with hints of lettuce and cream. It is very sweet and rich, especially strong in the coconut department.

This is one of those teas that when it is steeping it fills the entire area up with its aroma, specifically its coconutty aroma. The wet leaves are intensely coconutty, but there are also notes of honey, fresh vegetation, and a touch of lettuce. The liquid smells like coconut bread, fresh vegetation, and flowers. It is mild in comparison to the leaves, and fairly relaxing in its mellowness.

Tasting time, and I am excited, I have a serious weakness for coconut (one time on a 22 hour bus trip I subsided on coconut water alone) and tend to get bouncy when I am about to ingest something with coconut in it. Starting out is an oily and smooth mouthfeel, very typical of teas with coconut pieces in it, coconut is just so oily that it will always turn the tea oily. The taste instantly reminds me of coconut milk, specifically of one of my favorite desserts: coconut tapioca. I first discovered this at a Thai restaurant as a kid, my grandmother and I instantly fell in love with it, it then became a tradition that she would make it for the two of us to share. There is the obvious taste of coconut, but there are also notes of honey, cream, tapioca, and a tiny touch of flowers. This tea is tasty both hot and chilled, though I prefer it hot.

For blog and photos: http://ramblingbutterflythoughts.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-persimmon-tree-tea-company-coconut.html

My Rating Guide, This is a personal rating and not necessarily a reflection of the tea’s quality
100-Must have on hand, it is one of my favorite teas
85-99-Really good teas, like exquisitely good
65-84-Not bad, they can be good but generic, or just teas that I found enjoyably ok.
40-64-Not a favorite, but not terrible. I would drink it if it was in front of me but I doubt I would seek it out on my own.
20-40-Not the best tea ever, either it was not to my liking or it was really bland. Chances are I would turn this one down unless I was really thirsty.
0-19-No, just no. Either there was something wrong with this tea or it was utterly undrinkable by me.

I am a nerdy, obsessive, crafty, tea blogging, gaming nut. Yeah, that about sums me up! Ok, you want something more informative….

I am a Geek, hardcore fan-girl Geek. It shapes my life. I spend a lot of time making things out of perler beads and I bet you can guess what inspires them. Other than the obsessive pixelizing of things I spend a large portion of my time doing origami (especially Lucky Stars and modular geometric designs) it is an equal obsession. I hoard dice, get obsessed with games, and will talk about whatever fandom, game, etc that I am obsessed over until I am blue in the face. I am not just a gamer girl type Geek, I also fit in the collecting knowledge and spending way too much time reading, category of Geek.

But there is more to me than just being a giant nerd. I love tea, always have and have just gotten more and more obsessed as I get older. I love trying new teas and then writing lengthy descriptions about them on my blog, I love reading and researching the history and culture of tea, I love collecting tea pots and fancy tea tools.

When the weather allows it, I love to go mushroom hunting. I don’t eat them, instead I use them for photography and spore prints. It is my dream to one day become a Mycologist studying slime molds.

I have Fibromyalgia, it sucks, but I feel people who are going to interact with me should know since I tend to vanish because of it. So fair warning!!

I also have cats, love the ocean and all aquatic life, love cheese, and collect hats.

My favorite tea is definitely Oolong, but I also love Japanese greens and…ok I just love tea actually :P I am not a huge fan of lemony teas or tart fruit teas. I also loathe hibiscus (usually)

This is my actual tea wishlist, you know that I actually update and keep track of…I tend to forget Steepster’s https://www.facebook.com/notes/amanda-wilson/tea-wishlishtshopping-list-perpetually-in-progress/10152336515414411 I use my steepster WL to keep track of teas I have had and really want more of :P

Kansas City, MO