Well, I’m giving in to myself and just giving this tea 100. I’ve had it at 99 for so long, but I thought.. what is holding me back? Nothing at all- just some feeling of politeness; that it would be rude to actually give something 100 because that implies..blah blah blah.

Well, enough of that phooey. I love this tea, and I’m not afraid to admit it anymore. This is probably my favorite tea to drink; I am always in the mood for it. And because it’s a spring picking, it will soon be just a lovely memory.

In honor of you, Spring 2011 Tieguanyin, here is your perfect score.

Much love!!!!!!!

I generally drink Chinese teas.

I love things that are interesting, that force me to stop and think about and enjoy what I’m experiencing. Even better are those teas you just have to drink with a friend so that the outpouring of tastes and memories find a sounding board in a trusted companion.

I’m into tea as an experience rather than just a thirst quenching beverage. I love to learn- there’s so much to learn about tea.

I also prefer my teas to be exceedingly delicious, if at all possible. Luckily, I have great tea friends and teachers that can hook me up with the good stuff.

Something I’ve noticed about my ratings:
I tend to use Steepster more like Yelp and less like Twitter. I’ll generally only review a tea once in its life (though that review and rating might be edited over time to reflect changes in my own understanding of it).
I do not generally log each tea I’m drinking as I drink, since that feels like a distraction- I’d rather just drink the tea!
I tend to only review teas I really love or that I really did not enjoy. If it falls somewhere in the middle of “meh” and “that was pretty good, I suppose,” then I won’t be compelled to sit down and spend time giving a nice, fleshed out review and rating.
As such, it might seem like I give out high scores willy-nilly. Instead, I’m doing my first round of rating mentally off-site, and presenting only the teas I really want to share with everyone.

Richfield, MN